Wednesday 4 January 2017

Horse riding at Rangihau Ranch

Rangihau Ranch  is a family-owned ranch at Coroglen, south of Whitianga. It has been farmed for 35 years by the current owners, who clearly love the land and everything they do on it. Their stables are well maintained and their horses beautifully looked after, healthy and happy. We visited Rangihau Ranch at new year and had a great afternoon trekking around sheep and beef farmland.

Rangihau stable
We had some very nervous (and downright scared) riders in our group but the staff were very patient and supportive. Having not ridden a horse since my early 20s, when I used to trek each month or so, I was hoping it would be much like riding a bicycle. I was delighted to discover that it was! My body remembered what to do when riding up and down hill and moved into the right position for some short trot sprints. There was no cantering or galloping this time, so I'll save that for my next trek.

Beware the horse!
If you're looking for a way to enjoy some beautiful Coromandel scenery from land, then take a horse trek at Rangihau Ranch.

No comments: