Friday 18 October 2013

Pic's Really Good Peanut Butter

I've decided to introduce a new tag and occasionally blog about some of my favourite things. While raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens may have traditionally made it onto a list like this, my new tag will see me wax lyrical about whatever takes my fancy at any given point in time. Self-indulgent, much? Absolutely! :-)

Let's start with a foodstuff that I can't get enough of at the moment (but am careful to ration): Pic's Really Good Peanut Butter. You think you know good peanut butter, or don't see the fuss? Try Pic's and you'll change your mind.


I like to support local businesses and am impressed that there is a grand total of two ingredients in the salted peanut butter flavour (just peanuts and salt). No preservatives, chemicals or artificial ingredients to detract from the taste or quality. I'm really glad to see that Pic's is now exporting their wares overseas to a growing market.

I stocked up my supplies at The Food Show in May and am working my way through two crunchy and four smooth jars of the good stuff. To prove that I'm a occasionally a little bit generous with things that I love, I gave my dad a jar of Pic's smooth peanut butter for Fathers' Day. Now, Dad's pretty easy to please and not exactly fussy when it comes to food, but I know things are good when he asks me if I have any more of "that peanut butter" and reminds me that his birthday is coming up. It's nice to be able to share some foodie love.

1 comment:

Ness said...

It's such amazing peanut butter. I remember when he was just selling it at Farmers Markets and now it's everywhere. So good. Just simple, healthy, peanut butter. What could be better than that? :)