Tuesday 29 November 2011

Cafe Chick's 4th birthday

It seemed like a good idea at the time. Don't they all? Things started quietly on 29 November 2007, grew a bit, built up a lot ... and now it's Cafe Chick's 4th birthday! Along the way, I've joined Twitter, participated in the 101 in 1001 project, had a go at Project 365 and most recently launched Café Chick's Jukebox, sharing tiny snippets from the soundtrack of my life. Whew!
Enjoy a slice of Café Chick's 4th birthday cake
So, what's up with Café Chick four years on? Well, I still love Wellington. I still love cafés. I still love coffee. (It goes without saying that I will always love chocolate.) Sunshine makes me happy, as does my sweetie and the occasional good book. I bake every chance I get and still am thrilled with my little corner of the blogosphere. Tiny red dots and comments (or tweets) from blog visitors always make my day, even four years after this blog began. :-)

As with every blogging birthday, my Clustr map will archive in a few days and my world map will be devoid of pretty little red (and yellow) dots until my coffee buddies start visiting again. I somehow managed to avoid my map being archived last year, so it is looking beautifully red today. 81,000+ visits during the past two years - gosh, that's a lot of coffee and cake!


I've been a bit quiet lately but am still here and plan to celebrate at least another birthday or two. Thank you to each and every one of you who has dropped by for a cup of coffee, a recipe or a song. It really has been a blast!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Blog Birthday :-)

Maggie said...

Ah congratulations on four years of blogging! I've been doing this since nearly 5 years, I think but I keep changing my blog's name! o_o (and I'm actually starting to think about changing it again... and its been less than a month, I think!)

Alli said...

Happy birthday to your blog! I love that blogging is something you can stick with as a reminder to yourself about who you were, who you are, and who you hope to become with time. Congrats on 4 years!

Donna said...

Happy Blog Birthday!!!!

Sharlene said...

Indeed, Happy 4th Blogging Birthday!
I joined the blogosphere on 4 December 2009. I suppose I could of celebrated my 2nd Blogging Birthday yesterday but I feel I have cheated. I started with a Posterous account, only blogging when I could remember. I had the monthly blog during 2010 and only January 2011 when I started posting every week. Definitely building up my post count now and hoping for even more next year when I look to 'Document a Year in Pictures'. Thanks for the inspiration to join the Day Zero Project!

Happy Holidays!