Monday 20 December 2010

Getting to know you meme

It's been a while since I've done one of these. I saw this meme doing the rounds on Facebook yesterday, had a few minutes free, so copied and pasted here.

Getting to know Café Chick:
  1. What time did you get up this morning? The alarm went off at 6:40 am, the usual time for a work day.
  2. How do you like your steak? Medium-rare. Don't bring it to me if it's overcooked!
  3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Inception (2010). Loved it.
  4. What is your favourite TV show? It was Outrageous Fortune but I'll have to find another one now that the Wests have packed up for good.
  5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Probably still New Zealand.
  6. What did you have for breakfast? Breakfast?
  7. What is your favourite cuisine? Italian.
  8. What foods do you dislike? Capsicums. Euw!
  9. Favourite place to eat? I don't have one in particular, but I'm pretty fussy ... if it starts with 'food' and ends with 'court', you won't find me there (except to buy sushi).
  10. Favourite dressing? Does chocolate sauce count as a dressing?
  11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? A silver one. (Ford Laser sedan.)
  12. What are your favourite clothes? Pretty summer dresses. I don't wear them much these days.
  13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Europe.
  14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? I try to make it half full but some days are easier than others ...
  15. Where would you want to retire? Somewhere by the sea.
  16. Favourite time of day? It used to be after midnight but now I'd say mid-afternoon on a sunny day.
  17. Where were you born? Wellington.
  18. What is your favourite sport to watch? I don't really have one ...
  19. Who do you think will not tag you back? Well, I haven't actually 'tagged' anyone to do this meme but somebody might pick it up and put it on their own blog.
  20. Person you expect to tag you back first? See above.
  21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Anyone. :-)
  22. Bird watcher? Yep, I love them!
  23. Do you consider yourself attractive? I used to ...
  24. Pets? None of my own but my sweetie has a cat called Zed.
  25. Any new and exciting news that you'd like to share? Umm, watch this space.
  26. What did you want to be when you were little? A teacher. (And I was.)
  27. What is your best childhood memory? Long summer evenings.
  28. Are you a cat or dog person? Neither - I love birds.
  29. Are you married? Nope.
  30. Always wear your seat belt? Absolutely.
  31. Been in a car accident? A couple of minor dings but nothing that would qualify as a crash.
  32. Any pet peeves? Soooo many! For starters, see this post. Add to that: supermarket or retail staff who greet you by asking "are you ok?". Yes, I'm fine, thanks. However, you could help me ... oh, and don't call me "ma'am" - I'm not as old as you seem to think.
  33. Favourite pizza topping? Cheese, tomato and basil.
  34. Favourite flower? Giant daisy.
  35. Favourite ice cream? Bon bon rocher gelato from Kaffee Eis.
  36. Favourite fast food? Sushi.
  37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Never.
  38. From whom did you get your last email? Lotsa junk email and advertising at this time of the year.
  39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Oh dear, I'm a dreadful shopper - this would be a nightmare for me!
  40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Walking in the rain.
  41. Like your job? Technically, yes ...
  42. What was your favourite vacation? One month backpacking around Italy back in 2002.
  43. Who's your favourite actor/actress? Probably Morgan Freeman. (I don't feel particularly strongly about this one.)
  44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My sweetie.
  45. What are you listening to right now? Just Walking In The Rain by Johnnie Ray - but in my head. How sad is that? (In my defence, I posted it on my blog earlier today.)
  46. What is your favourite colour? Purple.
  47. How many tattoos do you have? None.
  48. Coffee drinker? Oh yes!
  49. How many children do you have? None.
  50. What was the last book you read? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I currently have three more books on the go.
Does anyone else want to have a go?

    No comments: