Sunday 13 September 2009

Wellington Market

Some friends and I checked out the Wellington Market for the first time today. (Yes, I know it's been around for a long time, and that there are other markets in the area - better late than never, I say!) Newly revamped and with a new indoor gourmet food section, we were really impressed with what was on offer and the prices to match. It is oh so satisfying and a very noble feeling to buy directly from growers and cut out the middle man. Yet, somehow the thought of rising early on a weekend to buy fruit and vegetables has never really done it for me. Luckily the Wellington Market is open from 7:30 am to 1 pm and we were both pleased and surprised to see lots of good quality food still available later in the morning. I'll definitely be back again!

After such a noble morning, we had brunch at Pazzaz, a newish restaurant on the waterfront. The view from our outside table on the waterfront was perfect, the company of two wonderful girlfriends was divine, and the people-watching opportunities made up for the very average service and lengthy wait for parts of our meals. Still, the sun was shining and somehow everything feels just that much better when spring is in full bloom. :-)

2 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

what a lovely day. Everything seems much better when spent with friends.

Kellee said...

I love the bustle of markets, I've been to the Sydney fish markets a few times recently & I totally agree with the noble feeling of buying direct.