Tuesday 23 September 2008

Outrageous Fortune

I love the West family. I knew they were around for a couple of years, but didn't meet them properly until this year. Let me explain ... I had heard about how good Outrageous Fortune was, but wanted to see the series right from the start and thought a DVD marathon was the way to go. However, I got thrown into the deep end this year and started watching series 3 with my sweetie, and now I'm well and truly hooked.

This is not your typical kiwi drama (thankfully). The script is incredibly clever and witty. The characters are genuinely funny and three-dimensional; not the caricatures we so often see overacted on kiwi tv. It's no surprise that show cleaned up at the Qantas Film and Television Awards the other week.

Not being much of a tv person, and with Desperate Housewives finished for the season, it's now the only programme I make sure I watch every week. Without fail.

Each Tuesday, I get an hour to drool over the gorgeous Antony Starr, listen and absorb the philosophising of the adorable Munter, and roll my eyes over Pascalle's latest ditsy take on life. Check out Loretta's blog - it's hilarious.

Now, all I have to do is wait patiently for my next fix at 9:30pm. And I still want to do the DVD marathon of series 1 and 2 some day.

1 comment:

Latharia said...

Sadly, up here in the USA I've never even heard of this show! I find it amazing that more shows aren't international, given our current technological skills! I'm glad you're suitably entertained, though. Heck, I'm entertaining you with my #81 on our 101 list. ;)