Friday 27 June 2008

Send your name to the moon

Here's something for your 'to do' list today: send your name to the moon.

"Sign up to send your name to the moon. Names will be collected and placed onboard the LRO spacecraft for its historic mission bringing NASA back to the moon. You will also receive a certificate showcasing your support of the mission.

The deadline is June 27, 2008 for the submission of names.

LRO's objectives are to find safe landing sites, locate potential resources, characterize the radiation environment, and demonstrate new technology."

So get in quick because the deadline is today! Is this for real? Not sure - will have to check for my name next time I'm on the moon. But it's kind of cool to know that my name is going there, even if I don't manage it myself.

No comments: