Tuesday 3 June 2008

La la la la la la

My sweetie keeps sending me smurfs on Facebook. I now have the whole set to light up my day. Usually I don't bother with Facebook applications like this, but these guys are really cute and made me feel young again. :-)

I thought I'd see what's on the web about The Smurfs. Their website tells me they've been around for 50 years in 2008. Wow - I only came across them in the early 80s, when they were $1 each at BP. We were also given a huge bag of them from our cousins on our way home from a visit to New York.

Wikipedia quickly burst my bubble. Here's their definition:
"The Smurfs are a fictional group of small sky blue creatures who live in Smurf Village somewhere in the woods."

Fictional? Excuse me??

Their other definition (why do they have two?) wasn't much better, so I trawled elsewhere.

There are whole websites dedicated to these little blue fellows. Bluebuddies is your one stop smurf shop, which lists and describes them (complete with images smurfed from Facebook). This gives a great introduction to who's who. For die-hard smurfers, here's a complete list, along with some trivia and clarifications about a few of them. (How does anyone know this??) I see there is also a smurf movie planned for 2009.




La la la la la la ...

No comments: