Tuesday 24 June 2008

Desperate Housewives season finale

I love Desperate Housewives. Absolute love it. It's the only time of the week when my world stops for a television programme. The rest of the week, I don't care if the tv is off 24/7. Get the picture?

I've already waxed lyrical about my desperate addiction. Some episodes are pure magic (I'm thinking of the supermarket shootout), others are hilarious (the very first episode), some heart-wrenching (Edie and the silk scarf), and even though some border on the ridiculous (the tornado episode, which I know that everyone else loved but for me it went several steps too far), there's something about the goings-on in Wisteria Lane which always manages to keep me hooked.

Last night was the Series 4 finale in New Zealand. One of the more 'ridiculous' episodes, with murders, beatings, deep and dark secrets revealed, a gay commitment ceremony, and the perfect Bree coming up trumps. But the bit that really got me was the 'five years later' thing. What on earth is with that?? For a series which is famed for its twists and the unexpected, why spoil the next five years for us? Is this it for Wisteria Lane?? I think the verdict is out: this was a really bad way to end Series 4. Disappointing.

2 comments:

Erika said...

HEY! Your blog says that you posted this on Tuesday the 24th!? Y'all must be WAY ahead of us...it's still Monday here! What is the time difference?
Oh and I've never seen Desperate Housewives TV show..just the movie. I thought it was cute!

Team Taste said...

thanks for your comment on our breakfast blog! stay tuned! :)

taste team