Saturday 3 May 2008

Guide to hiring women

My company is very much into professional reading and articles are often distributed for comment and discussion. This one from Savvy & Sage magazine did the rounds a couple of weeks ago. It came with a disclaimer that it's not strictly company policy. I love it!

As a "husky" girl (according to #3), I'm thrilled to discover that I'm more even tempered and efficient than my underweight sisters and therefore a more suited employee in 1943. (Except, of course, I'm not a young married women - see #1.) I also realise that I don't tidy my hair and apply fresh lipstick during the day because I'm not given adequate rest periods (#8). However, I totally agree with #11: the secret to a happy female workforce is well-fitting uniforms. What more could we want? :-D

No comments: