Friday 15 August 2014

WOAP dinner: Avida Bar

Wellington on a Plate has kicked off for the sixth consecutive year. Until the end of August, Wellingtonions can feast on a celebration of local food and drinks.

I began my campaign tonight at Avida Bar on Featherston Street. An after-work drink with a friend turned into an impromptu dinner and tapas appealed. The $25 two course lunch or dinner tapas menu has several tempting offerings. I paired my meal with a tall lime and soda.

I chose a main course and dessert. The slow-cooked PrimeStar beef short rib with BBQ sauce was perfectly cooked, with the beef falling off the bone.

Slow-cooked beef short rib
Now, it's no secret that I love chocolate so I couldn't go past the Whittaker's Dark Ghana and Caffe L'Affare mochachino mousse for dessert. I'm not usually a fan of coffee flavoured food (even though I'm a huge coffee fan) but this mousse was decadent, smooth and simply divine.

Divine mochachino mousse
All in all, a very good start to Wellington on a Plate. I have several events and meals planned during the next fortnight and look forward to the foodie delights in store for me.

No comments: