Wednesday 8 February 2012

Peanut brownies

I think these peanut brownies are the biscuits that my mother made when we were kids. As I continued my biscuit bake off tonight, there was something very familiar about this recipe and the taste proved it. Yum!

The yield for this recipe is much higher than the cookbook says. I was determined not to make the same mistake as with my hokey pokey pancake biscuits so carefully measured out the mixture with a tablespoon but still ended up with 30 large biscuits instead of the 20 medium sized peanut brownies I was expecting. Bonus!

Peanut brownies

Ingredients
  • 125 g butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 cup peanuts, roasted and husked
Method
  1. Cream butter and sugar unti light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
  2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa together. Mix into creamed mixture. Add cold peanuts and mix well.
  3. Roll tablespoonsful of mixture into balls. Place on greased oven trays. Flatten with a floured fork.
  4. Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes or until cooked. Makes 20 (or 30).
Peanut brownies

1 comment:

Rainbow Gatherer said...

seems yummy :P

http://rainbowgatherer.blogspot.com